Paul Gregory Stuckle
Firm focuses on defense of Juvenile sex offense cases; Paul Stuckle has defended Juveniles accused of sexual offenses for seventeen (17) years. He has prior experience as a Juvenile prosecutor and Municipal Court Judge presiding over juvenile cases.
J.D., Texas Tech School of Law, 1983
B.A., St. Edwards University, 1980
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
Member Since: 1986
Collin County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
Member Since: 1995
Founding Member of Association, Past President, 2000
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Member Since: 1992
Collin County Bar Association
Member Since: 1993
National Child Abuse Defense Resource Center
Member Since: 1995
National Public Defender Advocacy Institute
Member Since: 1997
HONORS AND AFFILIATIONS:
- Graduate Assistant of the Dale Carnegie Course in Effective Speaking and Human Relations.
- Author: “Texas Arrest, Search and Seizure” ( Text for Police Officers)
- Annual Texas Municipal Judge Certification from Texas Municipal Courts Training Center (1993- 2006).
- Former President: Collin County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Dean's List; St. Edward's Dean's List continuous academic scholarship recipient.
- Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities.
- Basic Certificate - Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education.
- Member of Texas and National Criminal Defense Lawyers Associations.
- Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do Karate (1995) - Lucas Martial Arts Institute; Master Darryl LaRoe
- October 1991 to Present: Criminal Defense Attorney in private practice in Collin County, Texas. Solo practitioner with emphasis in criminal defense. Representation of criminal defendants and juveniles including jury trials, evidentiary hearings and appeals.
- October 1993 to May 2006: Chief Municipal Judge for the City of The Colony, Texas ( Part-time position) Magistrate duties include arraignment of prisoners, setting bond amounts, reviewing and issuance of search and arrest warrants and juvenile law matters. Municipal judge duties include setting court policy, presiding over pretrial and trial dockets with emphasis on administration of pleas, ruling on pretrial motions and hearings, and conducting trials before the court and jury trials. Supervision and training of Associate Municipal Court Judges.
- September 1988 to October 1991: Police Legal Advisor - Fort Worth Texas Police Department. Responsibilities included research and drafting of legal opinions; publication of monthly training newsletter with update of recent court decisions and legal training; instructor of law courses for Fort Worth Police Academy and in-service classes; advisor to Chief of Police and officers; ensuring departmental policies are in compliance with legal requirements; drafting of city ordinances; assistance with criminal investigation; responder to open records requests; assistance with litigation involving the department; advisor of personnel, liability and civil service issues.
- June 1989- June 1991- Part-time adjunct legal professor for University of Texas at Arlington-continuing education legal assistant program.
- October 1984 to August 1986: Prosecutor - Collin County Criminal District Attorney's Office : Extensive trial experience including jury, non-jury, and pre-trial docket litigation. 95% trial conviction rate. Over three hundred cases tried as first chair attorney including seventy five jury trials.
- August 1983 to October 1984: Dallas Police Officer; patrol officer assigned to Northeast Substation; answered calls for police service including arrests for felonies and misdemeanors and handling domestic disturbances.
- “A Criminal Defense Attorney’s View Of The Domestic Violence Industry” 2004; Equal Justice Foundation
- “Defense Of A False Child Sexual Abuse Charge” 2010, Texas Voices “ A Criminal Defense Attorney’s View Of False Child Sexual Assault Allegations”, 2004 Family Rights Association “Child Sexual Abuse in Texas”, 2012 Ezine Article
- “The Basics of an Online Solicitation of a Minor Charge in Texas”, 2013 Ezine Articles “Affidavit of Non-Prosecution in Texas Domestic Violence”, 2013 Ezine Articles “The Do’s and Don’t’s When Falsely Accused” 2003, VOCAL
- “Juveniles Registering As Sex Offenders In Texas”, Linkroll
- “Juvenile Sexual Offenses in Texas”, Linkroll
- “Texas Arrest, Search, and Seizure”,(Text) 1990 City of Ft. Worth
- “ICE’S Texas SOAR Operation, 2013, PRWeb
- “A Tribute To George Roland, Lawyer”, Voice For the Defense May 1, 2003, Volume 32 #4